Senior Java Developer
Our client is seeking Senior Java Developers to join their expanding team based in Essex, they have the hands-on experience of automotive best practices, the state-of-the-art technology and the in-depth information to boost company efficiency and profitability.
Senior Java Developer Responsibilities:
- Working across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM clients.
- Developing new software solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
- Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Working within an Agile (Scrumban) development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
- Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
- Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
- Sharing knowledge with development group on regular basis
Senior Java Developer Specifications:
- Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or
- Masters in Computer Science, e-commerce or a related subject.
- Senior Java Developers should have a minimum of 5 years work experience, with a high level of aptitude and a proven track record.
Senior Java Developer Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- JEE technologies - EJB / Servlet / Spring MVC / JSP / FreeMarker etc
- Server technologies - JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo,Apache, Linux
- RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MYSQL o Integration technologies - JMS / Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- Relational Mapping Tools - Hibernate / JPA / Toplink o Build Tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle)
- Big Data technologies - NoSQL Databases (Mongo / CouchDB / Neo4j),Hadoop (HDFS / Spark / PIG / HIVE / Sqoop)
- Analytics - Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx
- Database programming - PLSQL / TSQL, Packages / Functions / Procedures.
- Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
- Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to manage a team of developers and testers.
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time.
- Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards.
What is on offer?
- Salary of up to £65,000 per annum.
- Skills development though exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects.
- Company mobile and laptop.
Other company benefits:
Company contributory pension plan, Health care scheme, Salary exchange childcare vouchers and many more.
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 07743 925 242
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org