Lead Java Developer
Our client is seeking Lead Java Developers to join their expanding team based in Essex, they have the hands-on experience of automotive best practices, the state-of-the-art technology and the in-depth information to boost company efficiency and profitability.
As a Lead Java Developer, you will be expected to succeed at the following tasks:
Lead Java Developer Responsibilities:
- Heading up a team of application developers, the Lead Developer is responsible for the development of enterprise scale platforms used by the wider organisation and beyond. Working across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM clients, our lead developers work closely with the Global Development Director to architect software solutions that really make a difference.
- Developing new software solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
- Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Working within an Agile (Scrumban) development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
- Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
- Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
- Sharing knowledge with development group on regular basis.
Lead Java Developer Specifications:
- Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or Masters in Computer Science, e-commerce or a related subject
- At least 10 years of experience in software development, with a preference for experience in a supervisory capacity.
Lead Java Developer Skills Required:
- The ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues.
- Interest in design methodologies, software patterns.
- Good team player, creative and proactive.
- Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
- Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to manage a team of developers and testers
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time
- Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- JEE technologies - EJB / Servlet / Spring MVC / JSP / FreeMarker etc o Server technologies - JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Apache, Linux
- RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MYSQL
- Integration technologies - JMS / Web Services (REST / SOAP) o Relational Mapping Tools - Hibernate / JPA / Toplink
- Build Tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle)
- Big Data technologies - NoSQL Databases (Mongo / CouchDB / Neo4j), Hadoop (HDFS / Spark / PIG / HIVE / Sqoop)
- Analytics - Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx o Database programming - PLSQL / TSQL, Packages / Functions / Procedures.
Lead Java Developer Package:
- Salary of up to £80,000 per annum.
- Skills development though exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects
- Friendly and motivated team orientated environment
- Business expenses.
Other company benefits:
25 days annual leave, Company contributory pension plan, Cash back health care scheme, Life assurance, Salary exchange childcare vouchers, Car salary exchange scheme.
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org