The successful Lead Java Developer will be working within a motivated team to push forward the development of a range of key strategic, enterprise scale platforms. The company's technology platforms are primarily built on a Java stack, with Oracle databases and using a variety of open source technologies.
- Working across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM clients.
- Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
- Use existing/new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Working within an Agile (Scrumban) development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
- Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
- Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or Masters in Computer Science, E-commerce or a related subject.
- Java Developers should have a minimum of 2 years work experience and a willingness to learn and progress.
- Senior Java Developers should have a minimum of 5 years work experience, with a high level of aptitude and a proven track record.
- Lead Java Developers are required to have at least 10 years' experience in software development, with a preference of experience in a supervisory role
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- JEE technologies - EJB/Servlet/Spring MVC/JSP/FreeMarker etc
- Server technologies - JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Apache, Linux
- RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL
- Integration technologies - JMS/Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Relational Mapping Tools - Hibernate/JPA/Toplink
- Big Data technologies - NoSQL Databases (Mongo/CouchDB/Neo4j), Hadoop (HDFS/Spark/PIG/HIVE/Sqoop)
- Analytics - Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx
- Database programming - PLSQL/TSQL, Packages/Functions/Procedures.
- Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards
- £60,000per annum
- Skills development though exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Company contributory pension plan
- Cash back health care scheme (benefit value approx. £675)
Plus, many more!
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 07743 925 242
Send us your CV: email@example.com