Functional/Systems Analyst Responsibilities:
- Liaise with operations and sales teams on their development strategy to find out what they want the business to achieve - be prepared to drive and challenge those teams on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Carry out fact finding tasks into the business's processes to see what they do and how they do it - elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Present the business case for your recommendation and negotiate commitment as required
- Develop technical / non-technical requirements documents as needed:
- Functional requirements
- Business requirements
- Agile user stories
- GUI, screen and interface designs
- User guides and training materials/delivery
- Oversee testing and quality checks of recommendations
- Support the staff who are responsible for making the changes and report any issues
- Serve as a conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team for product development requirements
Functional/Systems Analyst Specifications:
- Qualified to degree or postgraduate level in computer science, business information systems, computing and systems development or business management is preferred
- Or equivalent business experience / qualifications (an industry recognised certification would be advantageous, such as the International Institute of Business Analysis UK (IIBA) or The Chartered Institute for IT (BCS))
Functional/Systems Analyst Skills Required:
- Effective communicator.
- Able to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Can demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative and motivation.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and proactive personality.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to grasp core product purpose (business) and architectural approach (technology)
- Ability to have the presence to get the information that would be needed
- Ability to break this into delivery phases and to delivery in a timely manner to strict deadlines
- Can do attitude - start-up ethic to a big company
Functional/Systems Analyst Package:
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum.
- Skills development though exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects.
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement.
- Business expenses.
- Relaxed dress code.
Other company benefits:
25 days annual leave, Company contributory pension plan, Cash back health care scheme, Salary exchange childcare vouchers, Car salary exchange scheme.
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 07743 925 242
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org