Data Scientist Responsibilities:
- Use strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights.
- Use these insights to influence how an organisation approaches business challenges.
- Use a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and mathematics to solve problems.
- Sift and analyse data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight problems or opportunities.
- Communicate important information and insights to business and IT leaders.
- Make recommendations to adapt existing business strategies.
- Selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Data Scientist Specifications:
- Highly articulate and capable of explaining complex subjects to non-technical audience.
- Good team player, creative and proactive.
- Capable of working under pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
- Scientific approach to problem solving.
- Fascination with innovation.
Data Scientist Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of a range of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, Spark, Knime etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good Scripting and programming.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (eg Tableau).
- Ideally PhD or Masters Qualification in appropriate discipline but strong Bachelor's would also be considered.
Data Scientist Package:
- Salary up to £90,000
- Relaxed dress code.
- Other company benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company contributory pension plan
- Cash back health care scheme
- Life assurance
- Salary exchange childcare vouchers
- Car salary exchange scheme
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org