We have an exciting opportunity to join an award winning Pub & Restaurant in Ongar.
They are looking for an experienced General Manager to join their expanding team on a permanent basis in an idyllic location!
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the unit, including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that staffing effectively meets the needs of the business.
- To assess employee performance, recognise potential and organise training needs as appropriate.
- To ensure that the unit achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed in line with the budget.
- To monitor the work of the unit team and carry out appraisals, ensuring that information is filed appropriately, with development plans that are actively used.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company information.
- To achieve and maintain the food cost and labour percentages in accordance with the budget.
- To control and achieve agreed financial targets whilst maximising all commercial opportunities.
- To ensure the Company Marketing Plan is implemented fully in the unit
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To regularly monitor customer feedback and produce a suitable action plan based on the results.
- To action and resolve any issues arising from the Mystery Diner reports.
- To be customer focused at all times, by being visible during busy service periods, approachable, and exceeding expectations in delivering customer needs.
- Deal with customer feedback in an appropriate manner, ensuring all guests leave the unit wanting to return
- To ensure all food and beverages are presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To implement a development and marketing plan on an annual basis.
- To recruit appropriately skilled employees, ensuring their right to work within the UK in accordance with company recruitment procedures.
- To assess employee performance, recognise potential and meet training needs as appropriate.
- To carry out performance reviews and appraisals in line with company policy.
- To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements of the individual.
- To produce effective staffing ro's ensuring adequate numbers of staff depending on business requirements. Utilise the company labour planning system.
- To ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated in their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on the job training.
- To carry out disciplinary procedures following company guidelines and standards.
- To develop the team by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them and maintaining an â€œopen doorâ€ policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To monitor the development and progress of key staff in your unit in order to make recommendations and appointments for succession planning.
- To ensure effective and meaningful communications throughout the site
- To treat your team as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure that the location has an accurate and efficient financial control system in place and the software system is in full use.
- To monitor daily and weekly sales, investigate and take corrective action on any unexpected numbers.
- To ensure that Head Office and your Area Manager receive all the appropriate financial information promptly and accurately.
- To ensure that all bookwork is completed in a timely, accurate and efficient fashion and in line with company procedures.
- To ensure that the unit adheres to company banking and cash security procedures in line with the company policy
- To ensure that gross profit and labour percentages are achieved
- To ensure that wastage and ullage are minimised
- To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing from nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
- To maintain budgetary records and ensure that all budgets are adhered to, unless exceptional circumstances persist.
- To monitor and order all necessary dry goods and equipment staying within budget
- To carry out stock take on a weekly basis and evaluate and calculate the cost of sales results.
- Carry out cash and stock audits
Health & Safety, and Food Safety and Licensing:
- To ensure that the unit meets statutory and company requirements in Health and Safety, Food Safety and Licensing legislation and procedures.
- Adhere to DPS responsibilities
- To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regard to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company procedures.
- To record and report all accidents within the unit adhering to company procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- Report equipment or building faults to the Property manager immediately
- To make recommendations for renewal and replacement of equipment when required.
- To establish and maintain unit cleaning schedules.
- To respond to all company memos and requests as required.
- To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To attend all health and safety, food hygiene and licensing training courses as required.
- To communicate on a regular basis with your area manager keeping him informed of all issues that affect the business.
- To attend all management meetings as required.
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your Area Manager, attending training courses as identified.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable requests made by management.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, click 'apply' now!
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org