We have a great opportunity to join the highly regarded Private Client Tax team within a very well established Chartered Accounting firm based in Bury St Edmunds.
Their client portfolio ranges across the private client spectrum including entrepreneurs, wealthy families, large landed estates, senior executives of large listed and private businesses, as well as a large trust portfolio.
The role will involve assisting members of the team in dealing with tax affairs of private clients, including file set-up, tax data input, preparing tax returns and documents for manager / partner review, and liaising with clients and HMRC. You will be working in a dynamic environment where pro-active client solutions are encouraged.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English.
- Will be part or fully AAT/ATT qualified (or qualified by experience).
- Must have experience of accounting and/or tax work within a practice environment (ideally at least 2 years).
- Must be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office. Previous experience of tax return preparation software would be advantageous.
- Will be capable of working to deadlines and possess excellent communication and organisational skills to facilitate contact with clients and HMRC.
- Will be a ‘team player’, with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Should have a thorough attitude and an expert eye for detail, along with the capacity to identify and flag up relevant matters to more senior staff for attention.
- Will possess sound oral and written communication skills to facilitate effective contact with clients and HMRC.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team; Our client was a finalist in the Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2017 ‘Tax Practice in a Regional Firm’ category, and has recently been shortlisted for a number of other professional awards.
They are offer an attractive salary with benefits in a friendly, supportive working environment. In house training will be provided to the successful candidate. Study support for the AAT/ATT qualification will be considered, if applicable.
#AAT #Tax #Accounting #Practice #TaxAssistant
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org