Ipswich or Colchester Office
Client: They are leading provider of professional advice to both business and private clients. Specialising in accountancy, tax, audit, insurance, employee benefits and independent financial planning advice to owner-managed companies, corporate operations and private individuals.
An opportunity has arisen for a full or part-time Bookkeeper to assist our clients Business Advisory department based at their Ipswich or Colchester offices. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper seeking stability in a local firm.
Bookkeeper Job Description.
As a bookkeeper you will liaise directly with the Partners and Managers at their Ipswich or Colchester offices, as well as at clients' premises providing accounting support for small businesses. The main duties of the role will be:
- Bookkeeping and VAT returns, using relevant accounting systems (including, but not limited to, Xero & Sage).
- Occasional visits to clients premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns.
- To take calls and e-mails from clients who need assistance with their accounting systems, and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously (support will be available from colleagues and our own IT department).
- Hold the AAT qualification or equivalent or by experience
- Experienced in Sage software
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Be familiar with cloud based accounting including Xero, although not essential
- Self-motivated and client focused
- Be able to work unsupervised and as part of the team
- Able to prepare and submit VAT returns without supervision
- Experienced in taking bookkeeping through to the preparation of management accounts and to trial balance level for year-end accounts preparation
- Planning, organising and completion; the individual should be able to plan and organise their own work to complete within appropriate timescales and budget
- Client focused to work towards and maintain a professional and good relationship with clients
- Pro-actively address issues and resolve problems
- To be able to work under pressure and prioritise
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click apply or contact Connor at Athena Recruiting Services today for a confidential chat.
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 07743 925 242
Send us your CV: email@example.com