My client is a 15 Partner, growing Chartered Accountancy LLP practice with strong roots in Suffolk and Essex, acting for varied, prestigious clients across the region, with a reputation for client care that extends beyond Partner contact. They are well established in Ipswich and Colchester and are well placed to aid new and existing clients.
An opportunity has arisen for a full or part-time Book-Keeper (job share considered) to assist their Business Advisory department based at our Ipswich office. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Book-Keeper seeking stability in a local firm.
You will liaise directly with the Partners and Managers at their Ipswich office, as well as out at client’s premises providing accounting support for small businesses.
The main duties of the role will be:
· Book-keeping and VAT returns, using relevant accounting systems (including, but not limited to, Xero & Sage)
· Occasional visits to client premises to set up and maintain book-keeping records and quarterly VAT returns
· To take calls and e-mails from clients who need assistance with their accounting systems, and to be able to deal with these enquiries, promptly, confidently and courteously (support will be available from colleagues and through our IT department)
· Hold the AAT qualification or equivalent or by experience
· Experienced in Sage software
· Advanced Excel Skills
· Be familiar with cloud based accounting including Xero, although not essential
· Self-motivated and client focused
· Be able to work unsupervised and as part of the team
· Able to prepare and submit VAT returns without supervision
· Experienced in taking bookkeeping through to the preparation of management accounts and to trial balance level for year end accounts preparation
· Planning, organising and completion; the individual should be able to plan and organise their own work to complete within appropriate timescales and budget
· Client focus to work towards and maintain a professional and good relationship with clients
· Pro-actively address issues and resolve problems
· To be able to work under pressure and prioritise
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org