Main Purpose of the role:
To assist in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders, drafting tax computations, preparing VAT returns, and providing a hands on compliance role that meets or exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team. Excellent communication skills, initiative and the ability to organise yourself and others are essential.
- Assists in the preparation of accounts for companies, partnerships and sole traders, with a particular emphasis on clients in the agricultural sector.
- Works within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Working with other team members to prepare accounts
- Ensures the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients accounting systems.
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients business.
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
- Communicates workload with manager or partner.
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes.
- Adheres to the firms risk management policies and procedures.
- Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
Education and qualifications
- Working towards a professional qualification such as AAT/ACA or ACCA. Candidates qualified by experience will be considered
- Maths and English Language at GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of working with an external client base
- Experience of assisting in the preparation of client accounts
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised accounts packages
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
- Experience of accounting software packages and similar programmes
- Experience of coaching or mentoring colleagues
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to network and develop contacts
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Be proactive in identifying practical solutions to internal and client issues
- Be able to operate at a high level of confidentiality
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Connor at Athena Recruiting Services on 01376310740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in this Vacancy?
Call us on: 01376 310740
Send us your CV: email@example.com